Monday, January 3, 2011

Checkin' Things Off


Now that it's January, my mind is going into wedding overdrive. I've been perfectly calm this entire time, slowly checking things off our "to-do" list...but now, it seems that there is so much to do and not that much time to do it in! I'm tired of people asking how the planning is coming along (if I'm being honest!). I'm ready to get married. I'm ready to set up all the decorations that are camped out in our office turned storage room.
So, while I am still currently unemployed (terrifying in and of itself!) and waiting for the next semester of school to begin, I'm trying to get as many things checked off our wedding to-do list as possible.

{how awesome is this mason jar chandelier? In my dreams...}

Last week I...
* ordered my 3rd pair of wedding shoes. haha. I am 99% sure I'm keeping these ones. They're Nina, and I got them from Zappos, which has the quickest shipping in the history of the world. Seriously, I ordered these babies after 10:30 one night and they arrived at 2:00 the next day.
* ordered silver candy scoops for the candy buffet. I'm hoping they're the right size!
* ordered mini galvanized pails that we're going to fill with white hydrangeas for the end of the church pews.
* ordered Martha Stewart Pom Pom Kits to hang from the ceiling at our reception. I was totally planning on making these myself, but with so many other diy projects going on, I decided that it would be easier and less stress to just buy them.
* recruited my wonderful grandma who started sewing burlap table runners for the special tables (entry, cake, candy buffet, and drink).
* finalized my bridal shower guest list
* almost finalized our wedding guest list. Pain in my butt. That's all I'm gonna say about that one.

This week I need to...
* call the reception venue to set up a time to decide on the menu
* call the music coordinator for the ceremony (this one is all my fiance's responsibility!)
*  finish buying glass containers for the candy buffet
* look at wedding invitations. The place where the guys are renting their tuxes offers free invitations, so even though I am planning on doing these myself, we want to at least see what they have. It would be one less stress to have them done, and if there isn't anything we love, we'll just stick to the original diy plan!
* order flowers. We're going Saturday morning to a wholesale place with the plan of: white peonies for me, white roses for the bridesmaids, white hydrangeas for the flower girls and pew decor, and an unknown white flower and green berries for the guys.
* start making the candy buffet bags. We have mini brown paper bags that I'm stamping with a letter "b" for our last name and tying with a green bow. My maid of honor and one bridesmaid are coming over Saturday night to help me with these. Yah!
* search for jewelry for the bridesmaids. I want something unique, with an antique feel.
* meet with the preist at my fiance's church on Sunday to get the book to plan our ceremony.


Whew! Maybe that list was more for my benefit than yours...and I had a different post planned for today, but I find it hard to post about anything other than what my mind is focused on!

~I hope your week is great! and I hope mine is as productive as this post has made me sound! ;) haha


No comments:

Post a Comment